April Sales Data
Sonoma County April Sales Data
* Home sales were down 16.8% from March, and off 24.6% compared to last April.
* Condo sales fell 25% from the month before and were off 32.1% year-over-year.
* The median price for homes gained 3.7% to $595,000, an annual appreciation of 0.9%.
* This is the third month in a row the year-over-year appreciation has been less than 1%.
* The median price is down 3.8% from the peak of $618,450 reached last August.
Comments and advice from the REReport.com Realtor
"If you're an investor, the party's over."
"If your planning to buy a home to live in for awhile, do it. Just don't do it with an interest only or short-term mortgage, rates are heading up."
Sonoma Specific Data
* Median price $618,000
* Down -4.90%
* Sales in Sonoma (it's different here) Valley down -47.90%
* Sonoma (everyone wants to live here) Valley had the highest % sales decline than any other city in the county.
* Days on the market is averaging 100 (no quick sales for flippers here)
* Ignore the sales price to list price statistic as you can see from the long price reduced lists there is a lot of fudging of the numbers going on with multiple reductions and flat out MLS fraud by relisting the houses in a lame attempt to hide the days on the market tally and price history.
* Sonoma (it's magical here) Valley had 2 condo sales in April
* Sales down -77.80% yoy